Serves:2; Preparation Time: 15min
Reds, greens, yellows, oranges ……which is your favorite? Very well…..You got me right. I am talking about the assorted dynamic colors of bell peppers that are esculent. The taste of the bell pepper varies according to the color. These bell peppers are packed with nutrients, fibre, antioxidants, Vitamin C & A, supportive sulphur compounds. Comparatively, the red ones are sweeter. Just as in the Oriental, Continental, international bell peppers make a zestful fusion, and so they cater a blast of flavors when used with other ingredients in the Indian Cuisine.
Although I have a special relishing for the green capsicums, I wished to try bell pepper recipes with red, yellow and orange ones. I was drawn by the effulgent red color of the bell pepper and I tried a recipe that I presented as a salad stuffed inside a soft & fluffy Indian bread “Chapatti”.
I am not going to make it very complicated ; rather handy stock of veggies and spices are added. Take a look :
- Red bellpepper diced – 1 cup ( 1 No. for 2 wraps)
- Cucumber sliced long and thin – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1/2 cup
- Black peppercorns crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste.
As the dough of chapatti must be kept ready beforehand, I mixed wheat flour, salt & water as per requirement. I Kneaded the dough well and kept aside for few minutes. Then I made soft chapattis out of it.
And here’s the Procedure for the bell pepper stuffing :
- Heat Olive oil in a pan on a medium-high flame. Add crushed black peppercorns, a pinch of salt and diced red bell peppers. Stir fry it for 3-4 min on a high flame then turn it off.
- Take a mixing bowl, add sliced cucumbers, chopped coriander leaves, and the fried bell pepper. Drizzle little olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Toss the mixture just to combine the flavors (do not over mix it).
- Take a prepared Chapatti, spread the mixture vertically, squeeze little lemon juice and then wrap it up. Repeat the same with other chapattis.
- The bellpepper wrap is ready in just 3 steps. Serve it hot.