Preparation time: 20min
Puran Poli- A classic indian sweet preparation will add on to your celebrations.
- Channa dal (Bengal gram) – 1 cup (soaked in water for 4 hours)
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Maida (Refined Flour) – ½ cup
- Wheat flour – ½ cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 3 tbsp
- Keep the soaked channa dal in cooker for one whistle.
- Grind 1 cup of jaggery to make powder.
- Heat 3 tbsps of ghee in a pan and add jaggery. Stir for 2-3 min till it gives a thick consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Grind the cooked channa dal. Take it into a bowl. Mix it with jaggery .
- Shape them into small balls. Now, the filling is ready.
- Take a mixing bowl, add ½ cup maida, ½ cup wheat flour and knead it well.
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Then divide the dough into small portions and make into balls.
- Flatten the dough ball a little so that the filling sits perfectly into it. Cover the filling completely with the dough.
- Again flatten it with a rolling pin so that the filling inside is spread uniformly. Roll them into medium sized rotis.
- Heat the Roti pan. Put ghee and roast the rotis on both the sides. Nice brown spots appear on rotis when done.
- Apply ghee on both the sides and serve.