Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 10 min
That day, I was roaming around the supermarket, preferably looking for some fresh greens to make a quick salad. Suddenly I stopped by the organic foods section expecting to find something unique, I found the greenish brussels sprouts. I knew it was THE BEST option for a salad, and chose it to be the king(main ingredient) of the salad for the night’s meal.
It actually feels very light when you have salads for dinner. Also keeping health & hygienic terms in mind, I made the “Brussels sprouts salad” for dinner. It turned out to a be a flavourful salad.
Well…there must be some other ingredients too, to boost up the Brussels sprouts salad. Not just frying brussels, would make a great meal. To know more about the other enhancers I have added ; checkout the ingredients list below:
- Brussels sprouts (cut into half) – 10 -13 No.s
- Red Onion chopped – 1 cup ( 1No.)
- Tomato chopped – 1cup (1 No.)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cucumber slices – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Lettuce (any) – for garnishing
Look at the way it is !!!! Green-soft-roasted brussels sprouts will make u crazy. I was enjoying the mix of flavours, also the butter roasted sprouts were as soft as a marshmallow. In short, it was a great feast.
You might have guessed the procedure as it is a simple salad. But here’s my way of preparing “Brussels sprout salad”:
There are two ways of preparing this salad .
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon butter, on a medium flame. Add the brussels sprouts and roast them until they turn light brown. Once this is done, switch off the flame. Take the roasted sprouts onto a bowl.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes and cucumber slices. Mix well with the sprouts by tossing the bowl. Add crushed peppercorns/ black pepper powder and salt as per taste.
- Garnish with lettuce. Serve it.
I usually prefer stir fried veggies and also I don’t like the raw onions in my salad. So, here’s the alternate one:
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon butter, on a medium flame. Add the brussels sprouts , crushed peppercorns / black pepper powder & salt , and roast until the sprouts turn light brown. Once this is done, switch off the flame. Take the roasted sprouts onto a bowl.
- Heat a pan with 2-3 drops of olive oil, on a medium flame. Add chopped onions, fry for 2 min. Once they start changing colour, add chopped tomatoes. Fry them for a minute or two. Switch off the flame.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the roasted sprouts, onion tomato fried mixture, cucumber slices. Top it with little more pepper powder and garnish with lettuce.
- Serve it.
Tip: If you wish to make this salad even more interesting: you can add any / all of the following ingredients based on your taste:
- Soaked & boiled chickpea
- Grated cheese topping
- Desiccated coconut
- Lime juice