Serves : 2 ; Preparation Time: 15min
Kesari – popularly known as sooji halwa is a very interesting recipe . It is indeed an innovative idea of preparing halwa in a different yet delicious way.
We all are aware of dates which is an edible sweet fruit with good nutritional value. Chocolate-covered dates, date syrup/ honey, date sugar are also available in the market.
Fresh dates are soft to eat and they revitalize the body instantly.
- Semolina (Sooji/ Rava) – 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) – 5 teaspoons
- Dates chopped – 1 cup
- Cashew nuts chopped – 4 No.s
- Many prefer using dalda instead of ghee but using little ghee while preparing any sweet is good for health.
- Heat 5 teaspoons of ghee in a pan, add 1 1/2 cup of sooji, chopped cashew nuts and fry for 3-5 min until colour of sooji turns light brown. Keep aside.
- Take a bowl, add 1 1/2 cup water, 1 cup dates pieces and 1 cup sugar. Allow if for boiling. Add fried semolina once sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Mix well to a avoid lump formations. Turnoff the flame as soon as the semolina is cooked well.
- Dates kesari is ready.
Adding orange food colour enhances the presentation look of the sweet. Further add-ons can be done with raisins and almonds.