Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20min
Dough rise time: 30min
A day’s meal is always incomplete without a sweet-dessert finishing touch. So, here’s the recipe of a high nutrient, “Dessert puff”. It is a package of wholemeal, as the dessert puffs here, actually contain assorted dry fruits.
For Puff (dough):
- All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 teaspoon
- Rapid rise yeast – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Assorted dry fruits cut into small pieces (walnuts, almonds, raisins, cashews, pistachios) – 1 cup
- Nutella – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 teaspoon
- Take a mixing bowl, add all the puff (dough) ingredients mentioned above. Knead well and keep aside for about 30 min.
- Take a bowl, add the above specified stuffing ingredients. Mix well.
Stuffing in Puff:
- After 30min, the dough rises and it is now double in size.
- Divide the dough into equal proportions.
- Make small balls out of divided dough. Flatten it to about 10cm.
- Place the prepared dry fruit stuffing on the centre of the flattened dough and Seal it by folding as shown in the pictures.
- Place the prepared puffs on a tray. Microwave it for 15-20min until the puffs attain a brown coloured texture.
- Take the puffs onto a plate.
- Crispy Dessert Puffs are ready to serve.