Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20 min
Introduced by Italians and followed by rest of the world – Pasta has gained a broad attention of people across the world today. Different tastes and versions of Pasta is being served around the globe. But, traditional pasta in Italy is definitely something else with a kick of it’s pristine taste. In supermarkets, we can see a number of pasta shapes known with their unique names “spaghetti, Penne, fusilli, rigatoni, farfalle, fettuccine, and so on. On the streets / country side of France and Italy, authentic handmade pasta shells are made freshly by the local people and sold. Of course these handmade ones are even found in supermarkets these days.
I had experienced the actual taste of pasta in Venice, Italy. One of my favorites “aglio olio pasta” that I had eaten there was remarkably delicious the sting of which I still have on my tongue.
The recipe I have here is a regular tomato based Fusilli pasta :
- Fusilli pasta shells – 1 Large cup
- Water – 2 large cups (to boil pasta)
- Tomatoes chopped – 3 No.s medium sized
- Garlic chopped – 1-2 garlic pods
- Parsley chopped – 1 table-spoon
- Cheese grated – 1 small cup
- Olives – 1 table-spoon
- Basil leaves – 2-3 no.s for aroma
- Olive oil – as per requirement
- Salt – as per requirement
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- First take a bowl of water and start boiling. Add little salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Once the water starts boiling add fusilli pasta shells. Boil the shells until it is cooked soft. Once the pasta is cooked completely, drain the excess water and wash the shells under cold running water. Drain off all the excess water. Keep the cooked pasta aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and sauté for a min. Once the garlic turns slightly brown, add 1/2 a teaspoon of pepper powder. Immediately add chopped tomatoes and cook well until a smooth consistency is formed. Add salt as per requirement. Turn off the flame and add finely chopped parsley.
- For plating the pasta, take the cooked fusilli pasta on a plate add the prepared tomato sauce and toss it to just combine. Decorate with olives, grated cheese and basil leaves. Basil leaves adds an extra aroma. It’s not over yet -———drizzling little olive oil on top boosts it up!!! so don’t forget to add it 😃