Serves: 2 ; Preparation time: 20 min
This evergreen traditional Guthi Vankaya curry is definitely a good exercise for your taste buds. It is made with Eggplant.
- Brinjals (small) – 6 No.s
- Onion – 1No.
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) powder– ½ teaspoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt for taste
Brinjals can also be be slit as shown below:
- Grind diced onions, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste and salt as required.
- Make it into a semi-paste leaving small chunks of onions visible. Take in a bowl.
- Slit the small brinjals without cutting the head Completely. Stuff the paste inside the brinjals.
- Heat oil in pan. Add 1 teaspoon turmeric podwer, pinch of salt, add the leftover paste. Fry it for 3-5 mins.
- Put the stuffed brinjals in the pan and mix well to coat the paste evenly.
- Add some water. Cover it with a lid and allow to cook until the brinjals are tender enough.
- Semi-dry “Guthi Vankaya curry” is ready to serve.
Guthi Vankaya goes well with rice/rotis.