Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 15min
Sometimes we have cravings for sweet and we end up with some regular ones. Hayagreeva sweet can be prepared instantly which is aromatic, wholesome as well as scrumptious. In India,during auspicious days, this sweet is offered to hindu deities as a part of worship ritual before eating.
- Bengal gram – 1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery – 1 cup
- Dry fruits (Cashew nut, almonds, raisins) – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom (elaichi)- 3-4 no.s
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut powder – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook 1 cup bengal gram in a pressure cooker for 10min / 5 whistles
- Heat clarified butter(ghee) in a pan, on a medium flame.
- Add 3-4 no.s cardamom, mixed dry fruits and fry for 2 min.
- Add 1 cup of powdered jaggery and mix well.
- Takeout the cooked bengal gram and mash it slightly (bengal gram granules must be seen).
- Add mashed bengal gram to the jaggery mixture and mix well.
- A little water could be added if the mixture is too thick.
- Allow it to cook for 2 min and turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with coconut powder and serve hot.