Serves: 4 ; Preparation Time: 25min
Orange Gojju is a perfect side-dish for a good and happy meal.
- Peel of orange(use only peels) – 1 orange peel
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – ½ teaspoon
- Black gram(Urad dal) – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal gram (Chana dal) – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dry Red chillies – 3No.s
- Sesame seeds(Til ke beej) – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – ½ cup
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Jaggery – small piece
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup(Optional)
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, 1 teaspoon bengal gram (Chana dal), 1 teaspoon black gram (Urad dal), red chillies and ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (Til ke beej). Fry for 5 mins till they are roasted.
- Grind it by adding grated coconut, small piece of jaggery and little water to make it into a semi-liquid.
- Heat oil in a pan; add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, asafoetida, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ cup curry leaves, peel of 1 orange. Fry it for 10 mins.
- Add the semi-liquid and stir further for 10 mins. Add water if required.
- Add salt and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Take the gojju in a serving bowl. Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
This Orange peel gojju makes a deadly combination with rotis as well as rice. It can be stored in a refrigerator for maximum of two days.