Serves : 2 ; Preparation Time : 20 min
Street food has an enormously unique taste which cannot be compared with any other restaurant style dishes. Especially when it comes to spicy foods, Street food offers a wide variety of lip smacking dishes such as Hot & spicy chaat. In many parts of India, road side stalls are found to make savoury snacks such as Bhel puri, samosa chaat, pani puri, pav bhaji, and so on. These are available mostly in the evenings & generally in northern part ,it is a hot sale business near beaches.
Pav bhaji is one of the most highly consumed top list chaat. The “bhaji” is a side dish for “Pav”( bun) and is prepared on a hot pan with many vegetables and interesting spices.
- Potato boiled & mashed – 2 no.s (medium-sized potatoes)
- Mixed vegetables (boiled & slit Beans, boiled peas, diced carrot, chopped capsicum) – 1 large cup
- Onion chopped – 1 cup
- Tomato diced – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Pav bhaji masala powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli chopped – 2 teaspoons / 3 No.s
- Salt for taste
- Pav bun – 4 No.s
- Butter for toasting bun
- Heat oil in a pan, on a medium flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Mix well and saute’ it, till the onions turn brown.
- Add 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1 large cup mixed vegetables and boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix well and allow it to cook for 2-5 min.
- Take the mixture and put in a blender to make a thick granule paste. (Do not make it into a fine paste. The vegetable granules must be seen)
- Heat oil in a pan, add 2 teaspoon chopped green chilli, vegetable thick paste, 2 teaspoon Pav bhaji masala powder and little water.Mix well and cook for 5-8 min.
- Add salt as required.
- Garnish with remaining chopped onions and fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan, on a medium flame.
- Coat the Pav buns with butter. Toast it on both the sides.
- Serve hot with the gravy “bhaji”.