Serves : 2 ; Preparation Time : 10min
Peas is a vegetable of spherical shape within a pod and is usually grown in cool season. Fresh peas are good for health when eaten after boiling it. Peas can be combined with any vegetable. Now-a-days we get frozen peas as these are only seasonal vegetables. Frozen peas are very easy to cook. These are already separated from pod and packed so that it can be directly put in boiling water for few minutes before eating/using.
I have used store bought frozen peas to make this extremely delicious Peas Pulao. It’s a cooker recipe. If not in cooker, the other option is to make gravy separately and then mix with cooked rice. A cooker recipe is quick and time saving.
- Frozen Peas – 2 cups
- cumin seeds ( jeera) – 2 teaspoons
- Green chilli slit – 2 no.s
- Onion chopped – 1 cup
- Mixed spices ( bay leaf – 1no. , cinnamon – 1 no., cardamom – 2 no.s, star anise – 1 no., cloves – 2 no.s)
- Basmati rice – 1 1/2 cup
- water – 1 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- clarified butter (ghee) – 3 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Heat 3 teaspoons clarified butter (ghee) in a cooker, add all mixed spices, salt as required, 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (jeera), 2 no.s slit green chillies, 1 cup chopped onion. sauté it for 2 min till the onions show golden brown colour.
- Add 2 cups frozen peas and 1 1/2 cup basmati rice. Fry it for 2 min.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and mix well. Close the lid of pressure cooker and allow it to cook on a high flame for 5-8 mins (2 whistles). Turn off the flame.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
Peas pulao is ready to eat. Serve it with raitha ( yogurt mixed with chopped onions and salt)/ schezwan sauce.