Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 20 min
Dry fruits are power pack snacks, keeps the health system on a right track. Sometimes, we are fatigued by eating them as it is. This is where we tend to look at other better options that helps us eat the dry fruits on regular basis, without feeling bored of its taste. We can combine these : Almonds, raisins, nuts, pistachios, walnuts, fig, apricot, with other elements to intensify their original taste. Dry fruit Nutri-bar, chocolate dry fruit balls, Dry fruit & peanuts with jaggery, Dry fruit cookies are few of my picks.
This time I made some Pistachio Cookies sprinkled with icing sugar. It works like an energy booster when had as snacks during tea time along with a cup of Ginger Tea. Once the ingredients are mixed, cookies could be baked within few minutes. I have also tried oats cookies and chocolate chip cookies earlier, but I think, Pistachio cookies have a different long-lasting flavor.
I believe, these days people are more inclined towards keeping themselves fit, following a strict diet plan. I am quite sure that all your kitchen pantries must have dry fruit stock. So, take a glance through the ingredients required for Pistachio Cookie:
- Pistachio – 60-80 grams
- Water to boil pistachios – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Plain flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter – 2-3 cubes (depends on size)
- Heat 2 cups of water on a medium flame and turn off once the water starts boiling. Add pistachios to the boiled water and cover it with a lid for 3-5 mins. Drain the water. Peel the skin of pistachios and keep them ready. There’s a trick to peel off easily. Take a kitchen towel/ napkin, place the pistachios on it, cover it and rub gently to peel the skin.
- Take a blender, add peeled pistachios and sugar. Blend it coarsely. Do not make it a paste.
- Take a mixing glass bowl, put the sugar & pistachio mixture. Sift a cup plain flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add softened butter. Mix them all until just combined.
- When the mixture is ready, apply oil to your palms and make small rounds out of the mixture. Keep the baking tray ready with a baking sheet placed on it. Arrange the pistachio mixture rounds at equal distance on the tray.
Note: Mixture should be in such a way that small pistachio granules are visible.
- Place the tray inside the oven and start baking. Now, the baking time varies according to the oven and its temperatures. My oven bakes perfectly at 170 C ; 10min. Keep monitoring the cookies, turn off the oven if the cookies start turning dark brown.
- Green-brown colored pistachio cookies are to be cooled for about 5 min. Sprinkle them with icing sugar. I used a mesh filter to sprinkle the sugar. These cookies could be served either with icing sugar or with a drizzle of honey on each cookie.
This is how it looks with icing sugar: