Serves : 1 ; Preparation Time : 5-8 min
Pole corn can be prepared in several different ways and also could be tried with either sweet corn / salt corn. The fusion version of the corn is made with spices and citrus juice. It serves as a best tea-time snack, but usually the taste could be enjoyed during a rainy day. In most parts of India, it is available on streets throughout the rainy season, where the vendor burns the corn on hot fired coals.
My style of Pole Corn (fusion) is prepared with the following ingredients:
- Corn – 1 whole corn with the stick
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as required
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1/2 cup
- Coconut powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Light the gas-stove, keep it on a medium flame first.
- Take the whole corn, change the knob to high flame and start burning the corn.
- Hold the stick-base of the corn and turn around to burn it evenly on all sides. (the yellow/orange corn kernels must change to burnt black)
- Once it is done, take the corn in a plate.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, salt as per requirement, 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder evenly on all the sides.
- Garnish the Pole Corn with chopped coriander leaves and coconut powder.
- Pour 1 teaspoon lemon juice on all sides equally.
- Arrange the corn covering leaves on one side of the plate, that makes a good presentation.
- Serve it.
Cheese lovers can also add grated cheese on the top of Corn.