Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20min
Dough rise time: 2 hours
Buns could be had either for breakfast or as a eve-snack. Potato stuffing in the bun makes it even more tastier as potato is widely liked; also it blends easily with any ingredient.
Ingredients for Potato bun:
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 2 No.s (large)
- Parsley chopped – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (maida) / bread flour – 1 cup
- Yeast – 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter – 1 cup ( 6-7 cubes)
- Milk – as per requirement (to mix the dough)
- Salt – as per requirement
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mozzarella Cheese grated – 1 cup
- Take a mixing bowl, add fine all purpose flour/ bread flour, salt, yeast and butter cubes. Mix well by mashing the butter.
- Add finely chopped parsley, boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix well. Knead the dough by adding required amount of milk.
- Knead the dough until it becomes soft.
- Divide them into small portions and shape into round buns/ balls.
- Keep the dough aside for about 2 hours allowing it to rise.
- After 2 hours, the dough becomes double in the size.
- Brush little milk on the dough balls. Grate the mozzarella / cheddar cheese on top of each ball.
- Sprinkle pepper powder if preferred.
- Take the prepared dough buns on a baking tray.
- Bake them for 15-20 min.
- “Potato cheese buns” are ready to serve.