Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20min
Quesadilla is a very popular Mexican dish made with vegetables in case of Vegan and a choice of any cheese preferably cheddar cheese. The vegetables are stuffed in either a flour / corn tortilla. It can be served with “Guacamole (avocado dip)” or “Tomato Salsa”.
My version of Quesadilla involves a homemade tortilla with wheat flour & all purpose flour.
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per requirement
- Vegetables grated and fried (cabbage, carrot) – 1/2 cup
- Spring onion & Capsicum chopped and fried – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro & lettuce – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cheddar cheese grated – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste.
- Take a bowl and add the above mentioned Tortilla ingredients except water. Mix well
- Add water as per requirement and prepare a dough out of it. Knead the dough well.
- Divide the dough and make proportionate balls. Flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Make two tortillas for 1 quesadilla.
- Heat a pan on a medium flame.
- Put the flattened tortillas and toast well on both the sides.
- Take one tortilla. Add chopped, grated, fried veggies (cabbage, carrot, spring onion & capsicum) mentioned above.
- Add Cilantro, lettuce, pepper powder, salt
- Add 1 full cup of grated cheddar cheese. Cover it with one more tortilla on top.
- Toast the prepared quesadilla on a medium/ low flame for about 3 -5 min. Toast it on both the sides. Little olive oil could be added for tortillas if required.
- The cheese now binds both the tortillas together.
- Take the quesadilla onto a serving plate and cut the into 4 halves.
- Serve hot with Guacamole (avocado dip)” or “Tomato Salsa”.