Serves: 3 ; Preparation Time: 10min
The common name “Radish” is derived from Latin radix (root). It is an edible root vegetable.
The radish curry tastes extremely good when had with hot butter coated rotis.
Radishes can rather be used in salads as a main vegetable ingredient.
- Radish – 1No. large
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (jeera) seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chillies – 2No.s
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt for taste
- Cut radish into lengthwise, wash it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add a pinch of asafoetida, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 no.s dry red chillies, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds. Fry it for 2 min until the seeds splutter.
- Add radish pieces and cook well by adding little water if required. Add salt as per requirement and fry for 1 min.
- Add 1/2 cup grated coconut. Fry it for 2 min.
Tasty and fresh coconut flavoured radish curry is ready to serve.