Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 15 min
Rajma (Red kidney beans) is a very popular north-Indian gravy. It is a protein- carbohydrate rich delicious dish.
- Red Kidney beans (Rajma) – 1 ½ cup( Soaked overnight)
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Onion- 1No. large
- Tomato -2No.s (small)
- Cloves – 2 no.s
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Dry red chillies – 2No.s
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt for taste
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1teaspoon(Optional)
- Cook the overnight soaked rajma in a pressure cooker.
- Grind tomatoes and onion in a mixer by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, dry red chillies, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and cloves. Stir it.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and stir it well till the raw smells out.
- Add the the onion-tomato mixture, ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder and salt as required. Saute it for 5 mins.
- Add cooked rajma and again cook well till it is softened (tender).
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee to the already cooked rice.
- Serve rajma gravy with hot ghee rice.
Rajma can be served with rice as well as rotis.