Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 15min
Rice flakes are usually known by the name “Pohe” in northern part of India, and are referred with variety of names in other parts. The Rice flakes upma is the quickest breakfast made with rice flakes and vegetables.
Riceflakes cutlet includes the following ingredients:
- Rice flakes – 1 cup
- Boiled and mashed potato – 1 cup (2 No.s Potato)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- salt – as per taste
- Oil – for deep fry
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Take a drain basket, add 1 cup rice flakes. Wash rice flakes in cold running water for 2 min until it becomes soft.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add the washed rice flakes, boiled and mashed potato, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and make a dough out of it. Divide the dough into small portion and shape them in any preferred way.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the cutlets. Set the stove on a medium-low flame so that the cutlets are evenly cooked.
- Fry the cutlets until golden brown.
- Take them onto a serving plate and serve with tomato ketchup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- The Riceflakes cutlet could be also shallow fried instead of deep frying.
- Chopped onion, ginger and garlic could also be added to enhance the taste of cutlets.