Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 15min
Schezwan Fried rice is a quick-lunch /dinner recipe, served with a tangy & spicy vegetable sauce. It differs from a regular vegetable fried rice, with some added unique flavours. The dark orange-reddish colour of the rice makes the dish more irresistible.
- Carrot(cut into small dices)- 1 cup / 1 No. large
- Beans chopped – 1 cup
- Green capsicum chopped (Optional)- 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped – 1 cup / 1 No. large
- Red chilli paste – 2-3 tablespoon (medium spicy)
- Soya sauce- 2 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup/ puree – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – as per requirement
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves chopped / spring onion – for garnishing
- Basmati rice cooked – 2 cups
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, on a medium flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Once it starts popping, add the chopped vegetables(carrot, beans capsicum) except chopped onion. Fry it on a high flame for 3-4 min until it turn light brown.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Add 2-3 table-spoon red chilli paste, 3 table-spoon tomato puree’ or ketchup and 2 teaspoon soya sauce. Saute’ it for 4-5 min until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt as per requirement and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of cooked basmati rice and chopped onion. Mix well and fry it for 3-4 min on a high flame.
- Switch off the flame, take the Schezwan rice onto a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves/ chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with any tangy sauce or vegetable sauce.
Adding 4-5 table-spoon of red chilli paste, enhances the colour as well as makes the dish extra spicy.