Preparation Time: 15min
The fresh aroma of milk filled with vermicelli (Semiya) is irresistible.
- Roasted Vermicelli/Semiya – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1cup
- Cashewnuts (split) – 1/2 cup /7No.s
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom (Elaichi) powder – 1 teaspoon
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 3 teaspoons
- Kesari Colour (Food Colour) – a pinch (Optional)
- Heat 3 teaspoons of ghee in a pan. Add cashew nuts and raisins. Fry it for 1 min.
- Add 1 cup roasted Vermicelli and fry it for 2 mins. Add water and stir it till it is cooked well.
- Add 1 cup sugar and stir it until it dissolves completely.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cardamom (elaichi) powder, a pinch of kesari food colour (optional) and 1 cup condensed milk. Mix well and turn off the flame.
Ultimate Semiya Kheer/Payasam is ready to serve.