Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 15min
High protein soya chunks are a by-product of soybean oil. They reduce the levels of bad cholesterol. They contain all essential amino acids.When soaked in water they turn soft and spongy. And when mixed with other spices/ any vegetable, they absorb the flavourings completely. The texture of a soya chunk is similar to that of meat and thus a great replacement for vegans.
Soya chunks rice is made with many other ingredients such as cottage cheese, peas, or any other preferred vegetables so that the rice becomes a lovely feast. Soya chunks are light in weight and otherwise called as “Meal Maker”.
This recipe has many healthy ingredients :
- Soya chunks – 1 cup
- Frozen sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
- Spring onion chopped – 1 cup
- Cottage cheese (paneer) grated – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli slit – 3 no.s
- All mix spice powder (Garam masala) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt for taste
- Butter – 3 teaspoons
- Cooked basmati rice – 1 cup
- Heat 3 teaspoons butter in a pan, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, slit green chillies, 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon spice powder(garam masala) and salt as required. Saute it for 2 min on a medium flame. Meanwhile soak soya chunks in water for 3-4 min and once they become spongy, squeeze the excess water.
- Add 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, 1 cup grated cottage cheese (Paneer) to the ongoing process. Saute it for 4 min on a medium flame.
- Add 1 cup squeezed soya chunks and 1 cup chopped spring onions. Fry them on a high flame for 2 min and turn off the flame.
- Finally add 1 cup cooked basmati rice to the soya gravy and mix well.
Serve hot with a spicy garlic sauce/ tomato ketchup.