Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20min
Tasty, simple and spicy tomato pulav makes a perfect meal of the day.
- Cooked Rice – 1 large cup
- Onions- 1 cup (Sliced length-wise)
- Tomato – 1 cup / 3 no.s (Sliced length-wise)
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 3No.s
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mint (Pudina) leaves – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chillies, garlic and sliced onion. Stir it for 2 min.
- Once the onion turns golden brown, add 2 teaspoons coriander powder, mint leaves, curry leaves and sliced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add ½ teaspoon red chilli powder and salt as required. Fry it for 2 mins on high flame.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Finally squeeze lemon which gives an added flavor to the spicy tomato rice. Serve hot.
Tomato pulav can be served with onion raitha.