Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 20 min
Hot ,crispy, saucy and cheesy veg-cushions served with tomato ketchup makes u feel warm on cold rainy days.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Mint (Pudina) leaves – 1 cup
- Cabbage grated – 1 cup
- Carrot grated – 1 cup
- Cheese grated – 1 cup
- Tomato puree – 3 teaspoons
- Cumin (jeera) seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped- 2 No.s
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Vinegar – ½ teaspoon
- Salt for taste
- Take a bowl, add 1 cup wheat flour, 1 cup pudina chopped, salt as required. Knead well by adding little water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds, ½ teaspoon vinegar, 3 teaspoons tomato puree. Stir it for 1 min.
- Add chopped green chillies, pinch of salt, grated cabbage, grated carrot. Saute it for 3 mins on a high flame and take in a bowl.
- Take the dough, cut into small portions and shape them into small balls.
- Flatten the balls with a rolling pin and cut into small square pieces.
- Take one square piece, put the fried vegetables, grated cheese and then cover it with another square piece from the top. Seal the edges and shape them like small cushions.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the ready cushions.
- Drain excess oil with a tissue. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve Veg-Cushions with tangy tomato ketchup!!!