Serves: 2; Preparation Time: 20 min
Veg wrap is an interesting recipe, that could be prepared instantly with assorted vegetables. It is a quick snack and attracts everyone, especially it grabs the attention of kids. In India, flat bread variety known as roti/ chapati is prepared and eaten along with a side dish. An improvised version of the same is “Veg-Wrap”. The wrap is prepared by first stuffing vegetables inside the flat bread like rotis (or) tortillas and then rolling it. Any preferred vegetables could be added other than those mentioned in my recipe.
- Rotis/ tortillas 2 to 3 no.s ( depending on no. of serves)
- Mixed vegetables cut into cubes (cauliflower, green capsicum, Red & yellow bell peppers) – 1 large bowl
- Cabbage chopped – 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1/2 cup
- Cheese spread – 2 tablespoons
- Whole spice powder (garam masala) – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato puree 1 cup
- Cheese grated 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a pan, on a medium flame.
- Add the mixed vegetables. Saute’ it for 2 min.
- Add 1 teaspoon whole spice powder, 1 cup tomato puree’. Mix well by adding little water.
- Close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook well for about 5-8 min.
- Add salt and saute’ it for 3-5min. Take them onto a bowl.
- Take roti/tortilla, spread the cheese spread evenly on the complete area.
- Arrange chopped cabbage and onion vertically on the roti/tortilla. Put the prepared vegetables mixture beside it.
- Add grated cheese & chopped coriander leaves.
- Roll and wrap the roti / tortilla. Roll it with a tissue paper support.
- Serve hot with any sauce.