Serves: 2 ; Preparation Time: 20min
The sauce dipped Indo-Chinese Gobi manchurian is a delicious starter which is made with a wide variety of known ingredients.
For preparing crispy cauliflower:
- Cauliflower – 1 No. Small
- cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt for taste
- Wash and boil the cauliflower florets in 2 cups water. Drain excess water.
- Take a bowl, add 1/2 cup cornflour, salt as required, 1 cup water and mix well to avoid lump formations.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying the florets.
- Dip the cauliflower florets and fry in oil until golden brown
- Take the florets on a tissue paper to drain excess oil. Keep aside.
- Tomato- 1/2 cup / 1 No. large
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup / 1No. small
- Onion chopped- 1/2 cup
- China salt (Ajinomoto) – a pinch
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Soya Sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup- 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 1No. chopped
- Garlic cloves chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger chopped -1/2 teaspoon
- Spring onion chopped – 1/2 cup
- salt for taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Heat oil in pan, add 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies and a pinch of china salt ( ajinomoto). Stir for 2 min.
- Add 1/2 cup tomato pieces, 1/2 cup capsicum pieces, chopped onion and salt as required. Saute it for 3 min on a high flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup and stir well.
- Once the sauce/gravy is done, add the fried crispy cauliflower florets and mix well.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
Hot and wet Gobi manchurian is ready to eat.
Serve Wet Gobi Manchurian hot with veg-fried rice.!!!